Sunday, September 12, 2010

Don't stop believing

I haven't written a blog in a long time (for me, anyway). Partially because Blogger hasn't worked until now for whatever reason. But maybe also because I don't really have anything new to blog about. I don't know what to say.

I'm happy, happier than I've been in a while. Today, I went to church, watched an awesome football game with my Dad, did (a minimal amount of) homework, read a great book and went on a 3.4 mile run with my Mom (and I actually ran almost all of it). I'm especially proud of myself for running, because it's made a heck of a difference in my life. Not only is my body becoming more fit (I'm FINALLY losing some baby fat! :P), but my mind and heart are as well. And I'm making healthier choices about what I eat, what I think about, what I end up doing. I haven't ever felt this content with myself.

If you were to make one of those pros vs. cons tables of my life at this point, I think the pros would definitely extend much further than the cons would. Actuarial exams and exams in general are definitely a con, since they're a pain in the patootie. I thought that being single would be a con, and I guess it is, since it's always nice to have a boyfriend...but at the same time, maybe it's best that I'm doing this on my own. And at this point in my life, I think it's more important for me to figure myself out than for me to have a boy hanging around. I know that God will find me someone awesome if I just have faith and patience.

As for the pros? I think the list is too long to put here. To sum it up, I'll say that I've got God, the best family ever, awesome friends (new and old), better health, better breathing (according to the doctor, anyway), interesting classes and a whole lot of other amazing things. Almost all of my days are great overall, and if I end up adding even a little sunshine to someone else's day, my day becomes even better. It must be true, what the Beatles say about how the love you make equals the love you take, 'cause I'm trying hard to express how much I love the people in my life, and I can feel that love being given back to me. I'm enjoying it.

If you'd told me that I was going to feel this way about a month ago, I would've laughed. I would never have dreamed I could run/walk 10.2 miles, or run 3.4 miles. I definitely never thought my self-esteem would improve this quickly. (Albeit I am not cocky, and I never will be.) I wouldn't even say I've become self-confident, just that I'm becoming more secure with who I am, for better or worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment